College sure would be a lot better if I had some friends to hang out with all the time. I really miss my best friends that were always there for me, and that always care about me. I seemingly am only really finding ones here that are only there for me when its convenient and half the time don't care at all. I find myself, sitting here, wondering why I didn't go to a college that I had some friends at. Then I remember why, because I wanted a learning and growing experience. And I certainly have been getting that. Probably more than I even thought I would, and definitely more than I wanted.
I've learned to be okay with myself, and to truly love who I am. I've learned that sometimes being by myself is okay. And I've learned that I am kind of a shy person at heart. I've learned that life is all about making mistakes, but that we also have to learn from those mistakes. I've learned that I can't rely on anyone but myself and my Savior. I've also learned that College is hard, and sometimes not all its cracked up to be. I've learned that I love living on my own, but I also miss my family a lot. I've learned that life really is what you make of it. I've learned that you can't please everyone, sometimes you can't please anyone. But that isn't what matters in life. I've learned that when I don't see someone that means the world to me for a very long time, the love I have for him doesn't seem to even diminish at all. I've learned that being lonely is the worst feeling ever, but that I'm never truly alone. I always have my Savior and Heavenly Father there. They always love me and always care about me. I've learned that the plan I've made for my life (my ten year plan) most likely will not play out at all like I wanted it to. But, somehow, I'm okay with that. Somehow, I know it'll be better than that. And most of all, I've learned that life is hard. Things don't go our way. Things change. People come and go. And somehow, life continues to go on.
I am loving this quote as of late:
No comments:
Post a Comment