2. I did not want you to toast my bagel. When you asked, I said no. Yet you still toasted it. Silly silly.
Any other day the past week these things would've been reason for me to freak out and get upset for a brief second. BUT, it is a great day. Who knows what changed, but I woke up in a supreme mood today. Slept hardly at all last night, and yet I've been all smiles today. Optimism is a great thing. There is not a care in the world for me right now. There should be about a million things I should be worrying about, but I came to a conclusion. I need to be happy even when things are hard. Being upset and worrying about everything does nothing but make matters worse. My mom always tells me this, turns out, she's right!
Life is good. Life is beautiful. I am remembering this all over again. Those little moments of laughter and those little memories that you can't help but smile at. Walking outside and knowing that you live in a beautiful world that was created for you to enjoy.
Taylor Swift says it better in this song than I could even begin to try.
I don't know what I want, so don't ask me
Cause I'm still trying to figure it out
Don't know what's down this road, I'm just walking
Trying to see through the rain coming down
Even though I'm not the only one
Who feels the way I do
I'm alone, on my own, and that's all I know
I'll be strong, I'll be wrong, oh but life goes on
I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in
This world
Got the radio on, my old blue jeans
And I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve
Feeling lucky today, got the sunshine
Could you tell me what more do I need
And tomorrow's just a mystery, oh yeah
But that's ok
I'm alone, on my own, and that's all I know
I'll be strong, I'll be wrong, oh but life goes on
I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in
This world
Maybe I'm just a girl on a mission
But I'm ready to fly
I'm alone, on my own, and that's all I know
I'll be strong, I'll be wrong, oh but life goes on
I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in
This world
The main difference in her lyrics and how I feel is, I'm not alone. At all. I've got an incredible family and friends that are always there for me. And my biggest asset, my Heavenly Father. I may not know what my future holds, and my plans may not work out. But, that's because He is busy turning my life into what He wants it to be.
I feel exactly the same as in this post, there are only two absolutely certain things in my future. And they are both mysterious still. I have no idea what will happen with either of them, but right now I'm not meant to know. In time, I will come to know what my future holds. Right now, I just need to enjoy life.
No comments:
Post a Comment