So. We are engaged. Isaac DeMar Wood and I. Best feeling ever. I was completely shocked, because my best friend told me it wasn't happening until next week. I'll post a video here as soon as she sends it to me. But I will tell the story of the engagement, and post a few pictures.
We went ring shopping last Friday, the first of February. We weren't planning on buying a ring that day, but I found THE PERFECT one. Which is odd, because it is not at all what I thought I wanted. But, it's gorgeous, and I am excited to wear it for the rest of forever.
Originally the plan was to wait a few months before we got engaged, but, when it's right it's right. Why wait? :)
So I knew an engagement was coming, and thought it would happen a few times, but he kept me guessing. I kept getting little clues here and there from conversations I overheard, or texts I accidentally saw when we were together. AND, they were ALL misleading. He changed his mind a couple times about what he was going to do. I was talking to my best friend Breanna earlier on Friday, and she told me to not be upset if it didn't happen this weekend. She told me that he was planning something for next week, because he wanted it to be perfect. So I expected NOTHING! I didn't want to be bummed.
Now that the back story. Isaac had involved both of our mothers and also Breanna. He called my mom and told her that she needed to get me to Idaho Falls right after class on Friday, so to make up an appointment or something. She called me Thursday night and told me that the appointment we had with the cake lady had been changed to the next day at 1:00, and that I needed to come down right after I got out of class. Isaac supposedly had to work from 5:30 to about 11, in Pocatello. So I drove to Idaho Falls, and waited for my mom. She was running late, (because Breanna and Isaac were running late). When she got into town, we started to head over to the cake ladies house. Or so I thought.
She stopped by Hillcrest (our high school), and said that she needed to drop something off to someone. She went inside, and was gone for like ten minutes. Then she walked back out, and had Breanna with her. Breanna was carrying an envelope and a blindfold. I was shocked. Because the first thing I thought was, "You've got to be kidding me!" Excitement and disbelief all at the same time. For some reason, I believed them all when they said it wouldn't be until next week. Breanna came around to my door, and told me to get out. I got out, and my mom told me that that was what she was dropping off. She then left. I asked Breanna what was going on, and she said that she just wanted to drive up and hang out with me and go shopping or something. I was so confused. But anyways, we walked over to the front doors and she handed me the envelope to read. It was about how we have so many memories there, and such.
We got into her car, and she made me put the blindfold on. We drove around. I could not see a darn thing, and I was just as confused as ever. I asked about a billion questions, and said that I hated everyone because I didn't know what was going on. But, I really love them all. It was just a joking comment of course. We arrived somewhere, and she helped me out of the car. I couldn't take off my blindfold yet, so she helped me walk to where we were going. I climbed through a bunch of snow, and made it to a pavilion. Peterson park holds a lot of memories between Isaac and I. I opened another letter here, and wanted to cry. This next letter talked about how we always came to that park to talk, and how our first kiss happened just down the road :) A flashback of memories came to mind, and I remembered so many happy things.
We went back to the car, and she made me put the blindfold on again. We drove again, and Breanna claimed to be lost. A few minutes later, we arrived at our location, and I was instructed to keep my blindfold on. Breanna helped me out of the car, and helped me trudge up over a mountain of snow. It seemed like I was walking through snow for forever. I just wanted to get to that next envelope. She instructed me to step up, and I put my hands in front of me to help guide me. I felt a grated playground like material. I had no idea where we could possibly be. I still couldn't take off my blindfold, and I touched something with my left hand that I shouldn't have. She quickly moved my hand away so that I couldn't figure out what it was.
I was then able to take off the blindfold at the same time music started playing on Isaac's laptop that was sitting in front of me. He had made a slideshow of pictures and music. Where we first met, and a few other memories in between. I cried. A lot. Also, next to the laptop was sitting my favorite flowers, white lilies (which his mother had gone through a lot of trouble to get). At the end of the slideshow, there was a slide that said something about having one question for me. I stared at the screen, expecting it to change. Still thinking that Isaac had had to work that night in Pocatello. And he comes out from the side, pulls me up and takes me down from the playground set. He gets down on one knee, and yeah, I'm really crying. He then asks me to marry him, and I just nod my head. I couldn't even say yes. I was so happy. He put my gorgeous ring on, and then proceeded to hug and kiss me.
I love him. I knew a proposal was coming, and he still managed to propose without me having figured anything out. It was a complete surprise, which was everything that I wanted. He had my best friend involved. He had her take pictures, and video record the entire thing. Our families knew. Everything was perfect. He made me cry, which was his goal. Because then he knew that he had done a good job. I am so excited to marry my absolute best friend and future eternal companion on May 10, 2013 in the Idaho Falls Temple. <3
We went ring shopping last Friday, the first of February. We weren't planning on buying a ring that day, but I found THE PERFECT one. Which is odd, because it is not at all what I thought I wanted. But, it's gorgeous, and I am excited to wear it for the rest of forever.
Originally the plan was to wait a few months before we got engaged, but, when it's right it's right. Why wait? :)
So I knew an engagement was coming, and thought it would happen a few times, but he kept me guessing. I kept getting little clues here and there from conversations I overheard, or texts I accidentally saw when we were together. AND, they were ALL misleading. He changed his mind a couple times about what he was going to do. I was talking to my best friend Breanna earlier on Friday, and she told me to not be upset if it didn't happen this weekend. She told me that he was planning something for next week, because he wanted it to be perfect. So I expected NOTHING! I didn't want to be bummed.
Now that the back story. Isaac had involved both of our mothers and also Breanna. He called my mom and told her that she needed to get me to Idaho Falls right after class on Friday, so to make up an appointment or something. She called me Thursday night and told me that the appointment we had with the cake lady had been changed to the next day at 1:00, and that I needed to come down right after I got out of class. Isaac supposedly had to work from 5:30 to about 11, in Pocatello. So I drove to Idaho Falls, and waited for my mom. She was running late, (because Breanna and Isaac were running late). When she got into town, we started to head over to the cake ladies house. Or so I thought.
She stopped by Hillcrest (our high school), and said that she needed to drop something off to someone. She went inside, and was gone for like ten minutes. Then she walked back out, and had Breanna with her. Breanna was carrying an envelope and a blindfold. I was shocked. Because the first thing I thought was, "You've got to be kidding me!" Excitement and disbelief all at the same time. For some reason, I believed them all when they said it wouldn't be until next week. Breanna came around to my door, and told me to get out. I got out, and my mom told me that that was what she was dropping off. She then left. I asked Breanna what was going on, and she said that she just wanted to drive up and hang out with me and go shopping or something. I was so confused. But anyways, we walked over to the front doors and she handed me the envelope to read. It was about how we have so many memories there, and such.
We got into her car, and she made me put the blindfold on. We drove around. I could not see a darn thing, and I was just as confused as ever. I asked about a billion questions, and said that I hated everyone because I didn't know what was going on. But, I really love them all. It was just a joking comment of course. We arrived somewhere, and she helped me out of the car. I couldn't take off my blindfold yet, so she helped me walk to where we were going. I climbed through a bunch of snow, and made it to a pavilion. Peterson park holds a lot of memories between Isaac and I. I opened another letter here, and wanted to cry. This next letter talked about how we always came to that park to talk, and how our first kiss happened just down the road :) A flashback of memories came to mind, and I remembered so many happy things.
We went back to the car, and she made me put the blindfold on again. We drove again, and Breanna claimed to be lost. A few minutes later, we arrived at our location, and I was instructed to keep my blindfold on. Breanna helped me out of the car, and helped me trudge up over a mountain of snow. It seemed like I was walking through snow for forever. I just wanted to get to that next envelope. She instructed me to step up, and I put my hands in front of me to help guide me. I felt a grated playground like material. I had no idea where we could possibly be. I still couldn't take off my blindfold, and I touched something with my left hand that I shouldn't have. She quickly moved my hand away so that I couldn't figure out what it was.
I was then able to take off the blindfold at the same time music started playing on Isaac's laptop that was sitting in front of me. He had made a slideshow of pictures and music. Where we first met, and a few other memories in between. I cried. A lot. Also, next to the laptop was sitting my favorite flowers, white lilies (which his mother had gone through a lot of trouble to get). At the end of the slideshow, there was a slide that said something about having one question for me. I stared at the screen, expecting it to change. Still thinking that Isaac had had to work that night in Pocatello. And he comes out from the side, pulls me up and takes me down from the playground set. He gets down on one knee, and yeah, I'm really crying. He then asks me to marry him, and I just nod my head. I couldn't even say yes. I was so happy. He put my gorgeous ring on, and then proceeded to hug and kiss me.
I love him. I knew a proposal was coming, and he still managed to propose without me having figured anything out. It was a complete surprise, which was everything that I wanted. He had my best friend involved. He had her take pictures, and video record the entire thing. Our families knew. Everything was perfect. He made me cry, which was his goal. Because then he knew that he had done a good job. I am so excited to marry my absolute best friend and future eternal companion on May 10, 2013 in the Idaho Falls Temple. <3


I just got chills reading this!!! I am so extremely happy that things have worked out for you two. You deserve each other, and now you can honestly say that it was worth the wait :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! :) That is so cute!
ReplyDeleteSuper duper cute! So original and what a cute surprise. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you two :)
ReplyDeleteThis is SO cute and special and I know you will forever cherish it! Keep writing down these memories, you will be so glad you did. :)
ReplyDeleteyes yes yes yes yessssss!!!!!!!!!! congrats!!!!! this is so exciting!! :)))))
ReplyDelete