Recently there have been a few things that have changed. Decisions are hard. As is life. Something that I've thought I wanted since I was about 15 years old, suddenly I just don't want anymore. The con's far out weigh the pro's. I'm trying to make up my mind and figure out something else for my life. It's almost like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. And pretty much like there is no stress anymore. Well, not any overwhelming stress that I can't handle that is. We'll see what the future brings with all of the decisions that are coming my way.
Easily enough though, I know that I will be able to handle this and make the right decisions for my future. Changing my major never sounded so good. I'm not positive what I'm going to be changing it to yet, but I have a few options that I am looking into. Pharmacy just doesn't really fit into what I want anymore. It will take a long time to get through, will be extremely expensive, and if I decide not to work when I am out of school, there will be no point in racking up that much debt. So I'm going to get a degree in something that will help me in raising my future children, and help out my future family. I am not positive yet, but I am meeting with an adviser tomorrow to figure it out.
We'll see what the future brings! Through lots of prayer and research, I'll be able to figure it all out. Change is sometimes scary, but it is going to worth it. Wish me luck.
Easily enough though, I know that I will be able to handle this and make the right decisions for my future. Changing my major never sounded so good. I'm not positive what I'm going to be changing it to yet, but I have a few options that I am looking into. Pharmacy just doesn't really fit into what I want anymore. It will take a long time to get through, will be extremely expensive, and if I decide not to work when I am out of school, there will be no point in racking up that much debt. So I'm going to get a degree in something that will help me in raising my future children, and help out my future family. I am not positive yet, but I am meeting with an adviser tomorrow to figure it out.
We'll see what the future brings! Through lots of prayer and research, I'll be able to figure it all out. Change is sometimes scary, but it is going to worth it. Wish me luck.
Oh Mariah, you are so wise. I can't even tell you how many young women I saw going through medical school or pharmacy school and they were sad about their choice because their priorities changed partway through and now they only want a family. And guess what. They couldn't. They were bound to their choice with chains of debt. I could go on forever about this but I just want to say that I am so proud of you. This was probably a hard choice because it might feel like you are giving up something but really you will gain so much from having the freedom to be a mother. Good luck to you!
ReplyDelete