I am terrible at blogging. But, hey, it's on my to do list! Ever since having Eliza, I'm terrible at completing my to do lists. At least I am still making them though! I still also manage to get most things accomplished in a timely fashion also. I must not be doing too bad, most days.
Life sure is funny. It seems that it is moving a million times faster than ever before, yet the days seem to drag sometimes. I guess that's the life of a mother. I've been wanting to start blogging again about thoughts and feelings and just about our adventures in life. Kinda like I used to, before I had my sweet faced child. So here I sit, almost 1am, starting a blog post.
Isaac graduates in May in Civil Engineering. He is working his tail off right now, and is always so busy. He was working up until about a month ago, when we decided it would be best for him to just focus on school. Now here we are, mostly unemployed, for the first time in our married life. As long as I have known Isaac, he's had a job. It's kind of strange to think about, but I think he has enjoyed a little bit of a break before real life starts. Also, it's a good thing he isn't still working, because I'm not sure when he would fit in any hours! It's his second to last semester, so classes are keeping him busy. Mostly his senior design class. And then there is the Civil Engineering club on campus. He's the president of that, and there are always so many things for him to do for it. Fit in homework, hours of research for his group senior project, and time spent with his two girls and he's a busy guy. He's doing awesome in all of his classes though. He really does love what he's learning, and never gives up on it!
In January, he will take his Fundamentals of Engineering Exam. Which is a 6 hour test to become an Engineer in Training. EiT's have to work under a licensed Engineer or a Professional Engineer for 4 years, after which they can take the PE Exam (another 6 hours) and become a Professional Engineer. Which means they get their own stamp, and can be in charge (basically). This whole process isn't mandatory, or even part of his schooling, but some companies prefer it for jobs!
Jobs. The scary/exciting future. Isaac has applied at just over 50 companies so far. They are all over the country. From Seattle to Maine. There aren't many opportunities in the West since he doesn't have any experience yet. He has had several denials, and one interview so far. We are very excited for our next adventure, to see where life is going to take us. I'm a little bit nervous, mostly because we could be ANYWHERE a year from now. Seattle, New York, in the South, Texas, the Midwest, or on the East Coast. We have some big changes coming soon, and hopefully I'm prepared!
I'm so proud of Isaac and everything he has accomplished so far. He's so smart and such a wonderful husband and father to Eliza and I. I can't imagine what life would be like if we didn't end up together. A different set of challenges and blessings I'm sure. I'm glad I get to take on these life changes with such a hardworking partner in crime.
No comments:
Post a Comment