My missionary week was mostly successful. Although I decided that I would not like the missionary rules very much :) Missionaries are super strong and spiritual. It's great getting letters from them and seeing all the change that takes place. Miraculous. I didn't get a letter from Elder Wood for four and a half weeks. It felt like an eternity. But I got one, and then the next week I received another. He is doing well. And. I learned something through all of this. He is a missionary of the Lord. He may still be my best friend, but I can't rely on him to be there like he used to be. His focus is on his mission and teaching the people of Canada, which is exactly where it should be.
I need to find happiness in life and the things I'm doing and in myself, and also in this gospel, and in Christ. I need to grow and become the person that I need to become. In order to do this, I need to let go just a little bit. I need to have fun the last couple months of my senior year, and enjoy the friends that I have.
I've started doing so, and have had soooo much fun. The past two months have been fantastic. In ways. I've had my struggles, but I've learned some strengths as well. I've gained some awesome friendships that I never would've seen coming. Met some of the coolest guys ever, and they have become some of the best friends. Most of all, I learned that it's okay to enjoy the company of other guys. Although none of them are Isaac, they are all extremely awesome and amazing in their own ways. I think I'm going to love college.
From boys, to guys, to men. Whatever they want to be called, I love them. They are each different, distinct, and have something great about them. I'm really enjoying finding all the different ones out there. And making memories. Making friends. Making something to look forward to, and also to enjoy the right now.
missionaries are the best!
ReplyDeleteLove you dear. See ya soon!
ReplyDelete