One of the things that she said has stuck with me, "When you find a good one, stick with him." This was in reference to boys. We were talking about how there are two different types of guys in this world. The great ones, and the bad ones. And I've been thinking a lot about this lately. That when you find someone, that treats you right and respects you like the Daughter of God that you are, you need to keep them in your life.
And I've found that guy. He is on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is serving in the Edmonton Canada Mission. He has been gone for almost 5 months. In this time, I've learned just how amazing he is. I've also learned so much about myself that I wouldn't've ever known without this experience. I've learned that I will not settle for anything less than what I deserve. A young man who loves the Lord, and would do anything He asked. To me, this means that he is willing to serve the Lord and go on a mission. It is the hardest, best two years of their young lives. And I know they are called of God.
I love Elder Isaac Wood. My best friend Courtney gave me this quote that says, "Distance is to love, as wind is to fire. It extinguishes the small, and enkindles the great." I love this quote and believe its true. Currently, our love is trying to withstand being apart for two years. But, if it is meant to be, it will be greater than it was before. Its the hardest thing I've ever been through. As cheesy as that sounds. But its also been the biggest time of growth for me. I'm loving it.
![]() | |||
| At conference April 2010. |
![]() |
| The three amigos. |



No comments:
Post a Comment