Monday, March 14, 2011

Missionary Week

This week for seminary, we are having a missionary week. We each received a "mission call" and there are certain rules for each day this week. My mission call is to the Quebec Canada Mission. English speaking. Shocker :) Yes, Canada! Haha.. Great. The rules are as follows:

Monday- No Texting
Tuesday- No Internet
Wednesday- No Television
Thursday- Bedtime at 10:30
Friday- Wake up at 6 AM.
Also reading the scriptures for a half an hour each day, and writing in a journal every day.

I decided to do some of these days. I think it will be a good experience to see what a tiny portion of being a missionary is like. On a very small scale. I think it will give me a great appreciation for missionaries and for everything they do on a daily basis. 

And since I haven't gotten a letter in a few weeks, I miss Isaac a lot. A lot. But. I'm getting used to this. I think. If you can ever get used to being away from someone you love. They say it gets easier as time goes on, but its been getting harder. Well mostly. We'll see what the future brings.
 

1 comment:

  1. I wish you could've texted me today. I have stories.. Why do you have to not be in town the weekend when I come home?!
    Also, it's really lame that I don't have a picture on the side of your blog with you. Like really. We need to change this.

    ReplyDelete