Do you ever get the feeling that something just isn't right? Or have something bothering you, but you can't quite figure it out? That's how I feel today. I can't decipher what God wants me to know and do right now. Good thing for prayer. Although, I still don't know. Patience is a virtue that I do not have. Something that I am apparently being taught, without my own consent. Sometimes we all just want things right now. In our timing. But, we must rely on the Lord, and HIS timing.
The conference talk from October 2011 by Elder Hales entitled "Waiting upon the Lord: Thy Will Be Done" was the one I picked for for my visiting teaching message this month. Good thing I went last week, and have read this a few times in the past week. I've needed it today. I definitely recommend reading it.
Sometimes things don't happen the way we'd like, or the way we have planned on. We, me especially, need to have faith in God's plan for each of us. We need to rely less on what we want, and turn our lives over to Him. His plan will bring us greater happiness then our own plan will. Sometimes that is difficult to remember, but it'll all be worth it in the end.
Mariah!! Can i just say I love you! I love reading your blog and you always say exactly what I need to hear! Jed went in for a new job interview on Friday and we have been praying like crazy for him to get it. Part of me has been feeling like we need to just rely on the Lord and his plan though and I have been totally fighting it. It's what I want but maybe not what the Lord wants. Patience is so hard!! I was remembering a talk from conference but could not remember the name or who said it and of course you have the link right her on you blog!! Seriously inspired! Anyway, thanks so much!! Don't stop blogging you are awesome! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Aunt Heather! :) I think it is a talk that a lot of people have been needing to hear lately. Especially me.
ReplyDelete