Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day


I've never been a fan of this day. Not because I don't have someone to give me nice things, but because I think that when two people are in love, they should show it every single day. Any kind of love that is real is shown every single day in the little things, not once or twice a year with the huge things. It is still great to receive things on V-Day and to further affirm ones feelings, but it should also be done every single day.
Someday, when I am married to the man of my dreams, I hope that he will surprise me with great things on random insignificant days. To show that he loves me every day, not just on Valentine's Day.
However, I would like to say how much I love my family! They are incredible. Since I won't be at home until this weekend, my sweet mom sent me a picture of my Valentine's card that she made me. I love that every single time we hang up the phone, we always tell each other that we love each other. So that we can't ever say we didn't know it. I talked to my dad on the phone last night after class, and although I don't talk to him as much as my mom, it is always really nice to just chat with him. He is an incredible man, and I love him! My sister is most definitely the best sister I could have ever asked for. She has always let me hang out with her friends and has always been there for me. She always inspires me to never be ashamed of who I am, and to be my own person. I love her, and am so glad that we have become a lot better friends over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment