Sunday, August 25, 2013

College rounds 2 and 3

Another year of college begins tomorrow. Isaac is on his second year of college, and I am onto my third. He has more credits than I do, because of all of his AP classes in high school though.
This semester will be a somewhat interesting semester. It is our first semester as a married couple. I've always heard that the first semester after you get married is either the easiest one or the hardest one. So we'll see how that plays out.
Isaac is taking 16 credits. Engineering Physics 1, Calculus 2, Engineering statics, Mechanical Engineering Materials, and Structured programming. Two 4 credit classes, two 3 credit classes, and a 2 credit class. That sure sounds like a load of fun! ;)
He will continue to work at Fedex in the mornings before school, but he will not be working at Domino's this semester.
I am taking 16 credits as well. Principles of Accounting 1, South East Asia (an anthropology class), The world of Business, Principles of Microeconomics, Business Statistics, and kickboxing. Five 3 credit classes, and one 1 credit class.
I will continue to work at DownEast after school a few days a week.
We are taking an institute class together entitled, the Pearl of Great Price. Which will be interesting. I've never really done any deep learning in there. So that'll be a fun adventure!

I am kind of excited about the dynamic of this semester. I don't have to worry about the social aspect that I always have worried about. It will be fun to just sit and study and do homework with Isaac. I am a little bit nervous about my classes though, mostly just because they are different. For the past two years, my brain has been solely focused pretty much on science related topics. Now, it will be all about math, the economy, and business. I think I will like the change. I enjoyed some sciences(chemistry), but I hated how overwhelmed I felt with others(anything biology). Math is one thing that I have always enjoyed though. I like that it always has a solution. You should pretty much always get the same answer at the end of a problem. There is little unknown in math.

Isaac is excited right now about his semester. I think he is ready to move on in life, and to learn new things. He really likes a good challenge. He has what looks like a pretty rough semester ahead, but I know that he will do well. He always does! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment