Saturday, December 1, 2012

Next Month

I have been waiting almost two years to say that. 

Speaking of two years. Almost exactly two years ago, I started my blog. On November 30th, 2010. I was just looking back at some of my first posts and it is interesting to see how much I have changed, and yet how much the same some of my thoughts still are. This post was my second post ever, and is very interesting for me to read. I thought I was all grown up at that point. And boy did I still have a lot to learn about life. I have grown up A LOT in the past two years, and I still have a lot of growing up to do. I still love learning, more than almost anything. And my love for learning continues to grow. Even though college is SO HARD sometimes, I love learning new things that I never would've thought about. Chemistry is always something that I enjoy learning about. This next paragraph has never been more true than it is right now. I had a knowledge of some incredible things at that point in my life, and sometimes it astonishes me what I thought about at times.

"Recently I've been pondering friends and how many I've had and who they have all been. And I realized something. People really are in your life for a reason. I look back at all the times in my life when I have been friends with certain people or even just mere acquaintances and realized that they have either taught me something super important or just helped me when something was hard for me at that point. I'm truly grateful for everyone that has come into my life. Whether for a short time or for a great amount of time. Whether it ended sourly or just.. ended. I'm grateful for the person that I am today, and owe it all to the people that I have surrounded myself with. To my wonderful family. To Isaac... To all of my very best friends, and also all those people that played a little role in my life at some point. Thank you."

Also, "It seems that life moves on, whether we are ready or not. So here I come. Not really ready, but excited to see what will come my way next." Wow. It seems as if I knew everything that was to happen over the next two years. That somehow I knew that I was going to need a knowledge of that, and that I would need to be able to read it, in my own words. Life does move on, and has so many times since I wrote that. I haven't always been ready, but occasionally I have been. Today, I am especially excited to see what will come my way next. I cannot believe that these two years are almost over. And looking back, I can't believe all that has happened. I was 17 years old when he left, almost 18. And now I am almost 20. 

Next month. 5.5 weeks. 39 days.
 

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh this is so great! i am so happy for you!!!!! so close! ah!

    ReplyDelete