Thursday, December 27, 2012

Two weeks

Whoa. Only thing that really comes to mind. I seriously cannot believe that my best friend has been gone for almost two years.. He comes home two weeks from today! I'm so excited. My excitement almost can't even really be explained. I love that boy, and the longer I wait, the more worth it he becomes.

Skyping on Christmas was awesome. I didn't take too much time, since at that point I was going to see him in 15 days.

I don't know at all what to expect, but I know whatever happens will be great. I'm excited to get to know him all over again, and to get reacquainted with each other. I have changed so much in the past two years, and I know he has as well. It will add a whole other dimension to the relationship that we had. We have both grown so much as people in this world, and have more to offer in a relationship. We have the ability to be able to get more serious than we were. And the great thing about all of this, we get to decide where it goes. We get to decide, together, if we want to make it forever or not.

I am most excited to be able to communicate with him again. To have conversations that don't take months, but merely minutes and seconds. I have missed being able to constantly talk to him. We dated for a little over a year before he left, and the entire time we dated, we were constantly talking. Either talking on the phone or texting when we weren't together. I am excited to have my very best friend back. The person who knows me better than anyone else. I love the friendship that we have, and I love how much fun we have together. I look forward to all of the fun and amazing times ahead.

In all of the time we dated, the longest we went without seeing each other was 16 days. That is insane, considering right now, he comes home in 13 days. That should be a cinch, all things considering. The longest we went without talking at all was 4 days. So in about 10 days, I'll be practically floating on a cloud with excitement.

 January 10th. Wow. The day that has always been in the future is almost here.

2 comments:

  1. Woo! So excited for you. I know that when I came home and Josh was waiting for me I felt the same way you are feeling now. I hope you have a wonderful reunion with him and that everything works out. We already love you Mariah! :) Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. my. gosh. im so excited for you!!!!! i cant wait to hear about it all!!! im wishing the best of luck to you both! :)

    ReplyDelete